Sunday 10 January 2010

Introduction

Unfortunately I have had a lot of problems with both my blog page and Google docs whilst setting up my blog.

For my coursework I am going to create a Rock magazine aimed at 17-19yr olds both boys and girls. To do this I will research other magazines for things like colour and lighting, look/image and dress codes, camera angles and framing, objects and background, use of copy, font style and layout. I will also have to research representations and conventions in other magazines.

During my research of other magazines I will be looking for denotation and connotation to see how other magazines use them and their effect on the reader. I will also look out for indications on how the magazine is put together and if there are any codes or symbols that are used to represent or convey certain meanings which are understood by a particular medium.

I will have to plan and prepare by creating a questionnaire which will be handed out to the general public. My results will help me to understand what will appeal to my target audience and what will make it successful. I will also have to develop drafts of my layout and design and explain any decisions I make and note any change in my ideas. Lastly I will make my designed magazine and write an evaluation for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment